Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The future that passed me by


The photo above is the very first Google Glass shot I took, during orientation in New York City's Chelsea Market, inside Google's hub in June of  2013. The video below is the last thing I've taken with the device, yesterday, even though I'm trying to stop using it.
As I've stated in this space before, but in other words, the augmented reality face computer is not working the way it used to and has become as obsolete as a Sega Dreamcast, which I also have. 

Or maybe I'm wearing it 
because the future passed me by 
and I didn't notice. 
I was distracted 
trying to keep up with it
forgetting to discard the unrealized hypothesis of, 
'Maybe this will be the world we'll live in.'

This is the world we live in now. 




Commence the content.




A satellite view of the East Coast blizzard's aftermath.More graphics from the snowstorm: http://nyti.ms/1K1pI1g(Photo: NASA via University of Wisconsin-Madison Space Science and Engineering Center)
Posted by The New York Times on Monday, January 25, 2016

That little brown patch on top right? That was us, without any snow.

PSA: If you use Q-tips, you're doing it wrong. Seriously.

Kids are 3-D printing their own superhero prosthetic limbs and it's a wonderful thing.  They're heroes, all of them.

Journalists: Fashion disasters.
What if Seinfeld, but in newspaper?
Peter Rabbit, the older rabbit.

Citizen App (so slow clap gif):





Pizza rat > snow rat.

Here's a sloth stuck in traffic in Ecuador.




On the Internet, we are all sloth.
***
One video: Relax.