Monday, July 19, 2010

Jane Fonda all over Ulster County


A blogger, who I believe also does something else, and who goes by the name of Jane Fonda has been shooting "Peace, Love, and Misunderstanding" in Ulster County for a while now. that's her, at right, as Grace.

She blogs today:

It is beautiful up here in Ulster County, New York and this film, "Peace, Love and Misunderstanding,“ is off to a great start. We had a read-through yesterday with all the cast except Chace Crawford (“Gossip Girls” star) and it really hit me how funny and moving this script is. It’s about love and healing and the characters are wonderful, unique, and very funny. Catherine Keener plays my daughter and that excites and pleases me more than you can know because I think she is both truly talented and original but also fascinating. My grandkids are played by Lizzie Olsen who lives in NY and does theatre, although I think when her face is seen on the screen in this movie it’ll be hard for her to not do more films; and Nat Wolff who is on Nickelodeon, a singer and musician in the Naked Brothers band. He is so terrific in this part!!! Marissa O’Donnell (played “Annie” for a long time on Broadway) is Nat’s “love” interest and Chace Crawford (“Gossip Girls”) is Lizzie’s love interest. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is Keener’s love interest (used to be mine…I was a wild one). I set them all up for love. I play Grace, who’s water broke and baby (Keener) was born while Jimi Hendrix was playing the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock in 1969. Grace thinks it’s still 1969 and dresses and behaves accordingly which is a whole lot of fun. I have never played a diehard hippie before. Johann Stegmeir has done the costumes and they are perfect. I’ve never been a gray head before either and I like it.
Where in Ulster County?

Jane Fonda was at Skate Time 209 last night dancing, for the hick off party for a movie. She looks great.less than a minute ago via TweetDeck



That's Skate Time 209 owner and one-time candidate for county executive Len Bernardo, by the way.

The Hudson Valley Film Commission helped cast the extras.

Also, Keegan Ales owner Tom Keegan informs me that "Keegan Ales got product placement in that movie!" and that "(I'm promised a NC-17 love scene for it)."

Keegan, as you can see, is a very optimistic person.